Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tattoos


Tattoos use to be a sign of a trouble maker or that someone has been to prison, which is still the case in today’s society. However, with the changing times more and more people are into the art of tattoos. In some societies a tattoo marks your journey into manhood, while in others it’s a sign of respect and worth you bring to the village or community. Tattoos can mean so many different things to different people, cultures or society in general.
              
  I have always been fascinated by the elements of tattoos. I got my first one on my eighteenth birthday and since have gotten two others. In my way of thinking tattoos are a way to express a time or special memories throughout your life. While I think they are an expression of one’s self, I also think people should be careful to make sure they can live with this art for life not just the time and place they are in life when they get it. My tattoos so far are all simple and be chosen to represent a time in my life, but are all something I could live with even in old age. As my life has progressed I have others I would like to get that represent one a great tragedy and one of great joy. I would like to express my memories in a memorial tattoo to my grandfather, who helped raise me, and to the birth of my son who changed my world.  However, I’m at a standstill, as the cost is higher than I can part with at this time, but I will in time express my memories in the art of tattoo soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment