Friday, January 27, 2012

Inspiration

"All things in life happen for a reason!"

Such a common saying but this is how I believe my life has come to be. I never thought as a younger person that my actions would influence my life today as an adult so much. Growing up I definitively had my ups and downs, sometimes it seemed more downs.

My life seemed to take a turn at the age of fourteen right after my parents divorce was final. Till this time in my life you could have said I was a close to perfect kid. I had never gotten in trouble and was getting straight A's in school. Then that one year changed everything and my life began to spiral. I started rebelling with the best of them and lets just say I got in my share of trouble through the years. I tried to pull myself up and out of the rut I had dug but it just wasn't working.

My life continued to be shaky and I moved away, however I was always drawn back. It took me a few years but after high school I seemed to pull my life back together little by little. Now as I sit here and look back on the troubled days of my youth, along with the hurt I caused my family, I know it was my plan in life.

Sure it may sound stupid but if all those things hadn't happened to me then I would have never learned the lessons that have made me into the person I am today. Without the pain and the suffering I would have never known love and happiness. So yes I now believe everything happens for a reason, for without who we were there would be no who we are today.

So the next time something in your life is hard, just remember it's all for a reason. Good or bad what happens in life shapes the person you are meant to be, so hang in there what is meant to be will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment